XIII SBBN Congress and 20th IUPAB Congress 2020
Data / Hora
26/10/2020 - 30/10/2020
Rafain Palace Hotel and Convention Center
Categorias Não Categorias
Since 2017, SBBN is affiliated to the International Union for Pure and Applied Biophysics (www.iupab.org). In 2020, October 27 to 29, we are promoting the XIII SBBN Congress in the same venue and in parallel with the 20th International IUPAB Congress, to held in October, 26 to 30.
The XIII SBBN Congress whole program will be composed of Conferences, Symposia, Courses, Oral communications and Poster Sessions. All participants may attend in both (IUPAB and SBBN) meetings with only one inscription. Fellowships may be offered for the SBBN affiliated students with abstracts selected by the Scientific Committee.
Topics for the SBBN Congress:
Biology Systems and Biomedical Applications; Challenges in preclinical and clinical studies; Drug design and delivery modelling; radiopharmaceuticals development; Images and signaling processing; Molecular and cell imaging; PET and SPECT imaging; Nanomaterials, nanobiotechnology and nanotoxicity; Optical techniques for diagnosis and therapy; Radiobiology (including environmental aspects), Genetics and Radiotherapy; Radioisotopes production in cyclotron and nuclear reactors; Science Education.
Confirmed speakers and conferences:
– Matthew Healy, Cranfield University, UK (Decision making in the perspective of environmental radiological releases
– Simon R. Cherry, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Department of Radiology, University of California, Davis, USA (Total-Body Radiotracer Pharmacokinetics and Molecular Imaging)
– Marco Durante, IARR, Italy (Charged particle in Radiation Oncology)
– Eduardo Savio, CUDIM, Uruguay (New trends in PET radiopharmaceuticals for neurodegenerative diseases)
– Alexander Birbrair, UFMG, Brazil (Pericytes and the intersection between tissue regeneration and pathology)
– New models for low and high radiation exposures (Dunstana Melo, Melohill, USA)
Courses and coordinators
1. Radiotracers for drugs formulation (Valbert Cardoso, UFMG, Brazil)
2. Optical techniques for diagnosis and therapy (Martha Simões, IPEN, Brazil)
3. New trends in Biodosimetry (Ademir Amaral, UFPE, Brazil)
4. Safety in Proton therapy (Marco Durante, IARR, Italy)